An Undergraduate Certificate in Pastoral Counselling provides students with the opportunity to study counselling or chaplaincy at an introductory level enabling them to gain the foundational knowledge, skills and abilities required to move toward employment within a community, church or a parachurch context. It is an advantageous pathway for those in pastoral ministry or counselling who are seeking to upskill or begin their journey to employment in the areas pastoral ministry or counselling.
Students who wish to apply for the Undergraduate Certificate in Pastoral Counselling are required to enrol in the following four subjects.
- Models for Pastoral Counselling
- Pastoral Counselling in a Christian Context
- Pastoral Counselling as Community Care
- Marriage and Family
- One semester full-time or part-time equivalent
- Generally, 6 hours per week per subject is required to do well, which includes lectures, readings and assignments.
To apply please click here.