The Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies will enable students to move toward employment within a church or para-church setting within a ministry context. The award is designed to give a basic introduction to Biblical Studies and Theology, to enable the graduates to serve within their field of choice, including the areas of youth and children’s ministry, missions, social and pastoral care, creative ministry and teaching.
Students who wish to apply for the Undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies are required to enrol in four subjects comprised of one New Testament subject, one Old Testament subject and Introduction to Theology and Interpreting the Bible.
Students must choose one of the following two New Testament subjects:
- Introduction to New Testament – Gospels & Acts
- Introduction to New Testament – Letters
Students must choose one of the following two Old Testament subjects:
- Introduction to Old Testament – Narrative
- Introduction to Old Testament – Poets & Prophets
Students are also required to complete the following two core subjects:
- Interpreting the Bible
- Introduction to Theology
- One semester full-time or part-time equivalent
- Generally, 6 hours per week per subject is required to do well, which includes lectures, readings and assignments.
To apply please click here.