The Orientation Day activities help new students to meet staff and returning students, and to settle into college life. New students are guided through all aspects of academic and campus life on Orientation Day, when they receive a library orientation tour, an IT, Zotero and PBC Online support tour, a Student Handbook, a Getting Started Guide for New Students, The Big Book of Answers containing IT support, Library, and PBC Online instructions for accessing course information and submitting assignments, and a Using the PBC Wireless instruction guide. Students are guided through accessing the Student Portal, which makes a variety of support services and systems readily available to them.
Additionally, during Orientation Day students are made aware of:
- All students enrolled in an ACCS or SCD course are governed by their respective institution’s policies and procedures;
- SCD information being available for domestic students from https://scd.edu.au/current-students/;
- ACCS information being available for domestic students from https://www.ccs.edu.au/;
- referring SCD students to the SCD website for access to the SCD Handbook, policies and procedures from https://scd.edu.au/;
- contact details for associated responsible people for both SCD and ACCS;
- the designated first-contact for students being the Dean of Students;
- the designated contact for all students who need academic support being the Academic Tutor;
- the need to discuss academic concerns with the Dean of Studies as regularly as required and that referral to third-party services is an option;
- PBC’s reciprocal arrangement with Murdoch University, giving students free access to their library;
- the different options available for pastoral care when required; and
- PBC students are walking distance from the Karrinyup shopping centre and bus stops close to the campus; therefore, it is possible for students to get around Perth without the need for a car.
For mor information on the orientation program, please visit the Orientation Page.