OverviewAll applicants who endeavour to submit an application must meet the general admission requirements. All the candidates must be a Christian, and 18 years or older. Applicants must confess their faith in Christ under the PBC Statement of Faith, be involved regularly in their local church, demonstrate a desire to be involved in church ministry, demonstrate the physical and psychological capacity for studying in a tertiary institution, agree to abide by PBC policies and procedures and agree to abide by the Student Code of Conduct. Before applying, please ensure you have:
- A Unique Student Identifier number (USI). If you don’t have one, you can apply here. To find your number, click here
- A colour PDF of your birth certificate or passport or permanent resident visa (or a certified copy).
- A digital passport style image
- A colour PDF of previous academic transcripts and certificates of completion(or a certified copy)
- A page or two detailing your testimony. Including how you became a Christian, and why you believe that the Lord would have you train for Christian life and service at PBC.
- Contact information for two chosen references
- Contact information for your Pastor/Leader
- Evidence of English Proficiency (for more information please scroll down)
- A medical certificate verifying you are fit for studying at a higher education institution
- $450 AUD Application Fee
English language proficiencyThe Australian Government requires incoming Overseas students to demonstrate their proficiency in English before a student visa will be granted. You are required to complete an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) assessment unless you can provide evidence of studying in English from one of the following options:
- At least five years of study in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, the United Kingdom or the United States, or
- Successful completion in Australia of a foundation course, Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework, within two years of your application date.
|Course||IELTS Band Score|
|Undergraduate Diploma||6.0 overall and in the reading and writing subsets.|
|Advanced Diploma||6.0 overall and in the reading and writing subsets.|
|Bachelor Degree||6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each subset.|
|Graduate Diploma||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each subset.|
|Master Degree||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each subset.|
Student and ATAR profiles
|Applicant background||Semester 1, 2018 intake|
|Number of students||Percentage of all students|
|(A) Higher education study (includes a bridging or enabling course)||< 5||16.67 %|
|(B) Vocational education and training (VET) study||< 5||16.67 %|
|(C) Work and life experience (Admitted on the basis of previous achievement not in the other three categories)||< 5||8.34 %|
|(D) Recent secondary education:|
||< 5||8.34 %|
||< 5||8.34 %|
||< 5||8.34 %|
|International students||< 5||33.3 %|
Access and EquityPBC does not discriminate in the admission and access to its programmes and activities on the basis of handicap, age, sex, race, colour, national or ethnic origin.
Enrolment processPrior to the beginning of each semester, each student shall apply for enrolment by completing and lodging an Enrolment Form, obtainable from the Student Office. The Dean of Students and the Dean of Studies will arrange enrolment appointment days for enrolling new and returning students. These meetings will allow students to receive advice on which units to enrol in, ensuring they will meet the requirements of their course. Enrolment forms must be completed prior to attending lectures for that semester. All enrolments must be finalised by the census date. Students will not be able to add new units or transfer between units after the census date. Students may apply to change their course enrolment at the beginning of a new semester up until the census date. Students will be required to complete an Application for Change of Enrolment form to make such an application. Students will be required to meet the requirements outlined in P30 Course Articulation Arrangements to qualify to change course enrolment.
DefermentPBC may permit the deferral of a course enrolment of a student in some circumstances as outlined in P03 Enrolment.
Fees and Charges
PBC’s most current fee structure can be found on the Course Fees page.
Please carefully read the academic requirements as listed on the award that you are interested in pursuing.