|Reports to||College principal|
|Subordinates (if any)||Various contractors|
|Shift (if any)||Nil|
|Employment type||Part time|
About the College
PBC, established in 1928, is an interdenominational evangelical Bible College which maintains a fine tradition of training men and women for ministry. From July 1986, it has been located at the current Karrinyup campus. The current campus has outstanding facilities, including student accommodation on site.
PBC is an approved private Higher Education provider and all of the College’s courses in this prospectus are fully government accredited. All students who are Australian citizens can access FEE-HELP and full-time students may be eligible for Austudy or Youth Allowance. PBC is also a CRICOS approved overseas provider, which means all courses can be studied full-time by overseas students. PBC is a participating member of the South Pacific Association of Evangelical Colleges. This has the advantage that all PBC courses are internationally recognised by evangelical and para-church agencies, guaranteeing further career opportunities for students.
Our current need
We are looking for a dependable resident Handyman/Caretaker who can operate and manage the college campus facilities on a part time basis (2 days a week) and carry out various maintenance tasks on our college campus. It is preferable that the successful applicant lives on campus and rent will be offered at a reduced rate.
Given the reason for the college’s existence, this position would preferably suit a semi-retired Christian couple who are living out the values espoused by the college.
Caretaking responsibilities involve liaising with the office team to assist in dealing with any movement and activities of residents on campus, and any after-hours issues that may arise, and reacting to any emergency that may arise at any time.
Maintenance responsibilities would involve solving basic electrical and plumbing issues, as well as ensuring interior and exterior structural components are safe and in good condition. You must be able to lift at least 30 kilos, and you should be proficient with hand and power tools. Previous experience working as an electrician or in carpentry is a plus, especially if you have a contractor or trades license.
Deft hands and technical knowledge are important parts of a handyman’s arsenal. You must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are valued greatly in this job.
- Proven experience as handyman
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems
- Basic math skills
- Computing skills
- Good communication ability
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities
- To possess a detailed overview of the college campus, both the commercial buildings as well as the residential accommodation units.
- Manage a detailed regular maintenance plan of the facilities, both preventative maintenance as well as routine maintenance as needed on monthly, quarterly and yearly maintenance schedules.
- To ensure that all maintenance work is carried out as per schedule.
- Identify and report the need for major repairs.
- Ensure Garden and general areas are properly maintained, clean, neat and tidy at all times.
- Perform general maintenance and light repairs as needed.
- Perform routine landscaping on the grounds.
- Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, sidewalks etc.)
- Undertake light installation tasks when needed.
- Repair equipment or appliances unless specialty skills are required.
- Control, supervise and assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs, ensuring their quality of work is acceptable and complete as hired.
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (e.g. recovering after storms, and other disturbances.)
- Supervision and delegation of work to various technicians.
- To ensure that all equipment performs to the requirements.
- To source for parts for the upkeep of all equipment.
- Carry out regular property inspections of accommodation units.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Management.
Please send your CV and cover letter to the College Administrator, Kari Minetto, on email@example.com by Friday 23rd October, 2020.