To be close to a loved one who has developed dementia, even in its early stages, is profoundly challenging. Carers are confronted with a multitude of demands, griefs, attitudes, and questions that swirl around demanding an answer. Perth Bible College is privileged to host a short course for the carers of loved ones who have been diagnosed with dementia.
This short course is led by industry professionals who have a Christian faith and a depth of experience and benefits those looking for spiritual and practical means for the care of those facing dementia.
The course will run over four weeks with one session per week scheduled on a Thursday morning from 10 am to 11.30 am at Perth Bible College or live via zoom. The first session will begin on May 6th, 2021, followed by sessions on the 13th, 20th, and 27th May 2021.
Key course features:
- An opportunity for those attending the course to share their stories
- The involvement of caring professionals at all sessions
- A focus on the practice of care and spirituality
- An understanding of dementia
- Developing healthy ways of coping
- Reflection on the journey with spiritual and caring resources for the days ahead
Session One (May 6th 2021) to include:
- A view of the journey that carers face when caring for a person with dementia including the relational losses, the challenges of the medical sector and the hope available through care and spiritual resources.
- The power of sharing stories
- Handling grief and loss
Session Two (May 13th 2021) to include:
- The spiritual needs of caregivers
- Relating to God
Session Three (May 20th 2021) to include:
- The ways in which care is at the core of the journey
- How to negotiate with chaplains and other care professionals
- Issues in the health system
Session Four (May 27th 2021) to include:
- The limits of the caregiver, how to cope and circles of support
- How hope works
Total Cost: $100 or $85 concession
– have a current Centrelink health care card or
– be a full-time student at any accredited institution
For payments, you can pay in full via bank transfer with the details below or contact the college reception on 08 9243 2000 and make your payment via phone. If paying by bank transfer, please use the code: Shortcourse21 and include your last name. For example: Shortcourse21smith. For payment arrangements, please express your interest to Kari at [email protected]
|Account name:||Perth Bible College|
Please register here